Monday

In interacting with the world today, some times it is easier to sit behind the computer and communicate instead of physically getting out in the world and reaching out to those around us. This past Christmas season, when I took the time to intermingle with my fellow shoppers and stop and watch those hurrying this way and that, my heart was touched by the occasional passerby that helped a crying child by just winking and smiling, or the man that opened a door for a woman in a wheelchair, or the teenager that picked up a package for someone who had accidentally dropped it and didn't know it.

There is still good in the world and it gives me hope.

2 comments:

Scott Kelly said...

Awww. Nice to see someone still has a little optimism. Anyway, I just started following you on twitter - it's nice to meet another writer.

Gwen Stickle said...

Thanks for the comment and the follow.