Thursday

I must admit that when I attend a movie, play, musical, opera, or any other venue of entertainment, I go with high expectations. And if those expectations are not met I come away feeling cheated, disappointed, and upset that I've wasted my time. You know how it is. We've all been there. Whether it's a plot gone wrong, characters that are not loveable enough, or hateable, or we refuse to accept the ending, we go away dissatisfied. So it is with books.

If we, as writers, don't take the time to sweat the little stuff, pay attention to details, make sure voice, characterization, plot, grammar, etc. all flow together in timely fashion, we disappoint our readers. It's a tough balancing act. What we see in our heads, sometimes, is difficult to put on paper.

So, here in my blog today, I want to thank all the agents, editors, critique groups, and whomever else who help us, as writers and creators, stay focused, stay energized, and who keep our work balanced with wonderful insights, so that our writing can be the best it can be. If not for you, we would not be able to succeed at our craft. My hats off to you for your tireless efforts on our behalf.

I, for one, don't think we, as a society, use "please" and "thank you" enough, and I can't go another day without saying the latter. So, here's to all who have given of their time to help others succeed, written blogs with amazing tips, critiqued papers, encouraged the writing process, and so forth. You know who you are. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments: